Your connection seems to have been lost. Please check your internet connection or try to reload this page.


Listing Number: 55761004 | Swanzey, NH US | Town of Swanzey 0 Seller's Other Auctions

Bidding on this item has ended

Missed out on this deal?

Get Notified When New Deals Near You Are Listed!

Unsubscribe Anytime

Listing Image

Auction Ended:

Final Bid:



229 Bids

Auction Details

Starting Bid: $1,000.00
Current Price: $122,322.00  
Buy Now Price $0.00
No Reserve   
Buyer's Fee: 9.00 % - 6.00 %
Start Date
End Date  [Extended]
Bid History 229 Bid(s)  
High Bidder S*******o
Page Views 11424

Payment Details

Cashier's Check, Cash, or Money Order

Item Description

16 acre lot located on the south corner of Route 12 and Marcy Hill Road in Swanzey, NH with frontage on both roads. This lot is in the Business District and does not have town water or sewer. 

The property will be sold to the highest qualified bidder, who must provide the Town with a non-refundable deposit of 10% of the purchase price by June 26, 2023 at 4 p.m. The bid deposit will be credited against the purchase price. The Town will deliver the deed and the successful bidder must pay the purchase price by July 21, 2023 or forfeit the bid deposit. 

This property is being offered by the Town in “as is” condition with no written or implied warranties as to the condition of the property. This conveyance is subject to the condition that no conservation easement or other restriction on development shall be placed on the land by any grantee or other party claiming an interest in the land, and any such restriction shall be void and unenforceable. This condition shall be for the benefit of the Town of Swanzey in perpetuity and shall be enforceable by the Town.

The Town will furnish a Quitclaim Deed (sample in pictures) conveying the property subject to all easements and rights of way which existed at the time of the tax deeding. The Board of Selectmen reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to impose other conditions on the sale at the time of the bid opening. Buyer to pay all transfer fees for deed recording. 

In accordance with the Swanzey Zoning Ordinance, the uses permitted by right are Restaurant; Educational, governmental, or religious facility;  Hotel, motel, inn or bed and breakfast facility; Professional and business offices; Retail sales, services;  Bank or financial institution; Funeral home; Private club or lodge; Commercial greenhouse or nursery; Home occupation and home-based business; Function halls; Indoor auctions; Recreation facility conducted as a business;  Research and development and Accessory uses which are clearly incidental to the uses permitted herein. 

In accordance with the Swanzey Zoning Ordinance, the uses permitted by special exception by the Board of Adjustment are Daycare facility; gasoline service stations; repair garage or body shop; motor vehicle dealership; wholesale, warehousing or manufacturing facility; industrial park; vehicle wash facility; self-storage facility; Multi-family dwelling(s); The removal and processing of clay, sod, loam, crushed stone, sand or gravel for sale, subject to the minimum standards established pursuant to RSA 155-E; Drive-through facility; Licensed nursing home; Hospital; Bulk storage and distribution of large quantities of material, liquid, solid, or gaseous intended for resale. 

Interested purchasers are encouraged to review the Town’s zoning ordinance and/or speak with the Town Planner regarding requirements for proposed uses.

Sale subject to vote by Swanzey Board of Selectmen.

-Added: 6/19/2023 5:08:01 PM

Additional information on this Auction

Will Item results be voted on Yes
Date of voting Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Will you ship this item No. Pickup only.

Questions/Answers Ask the seller a question about this auction.

You must be signed in to ask and answer questions.
"Can this property be used for recreation such as hunting?"
- Asked by #24133316 06/03/2023 12:45 PM
-Answered on 06/05/2023 05:45 PM
"Can I have a trailer on the property until I build a home? "
- Asked by #46200816 06/03/2023 12:52 PM
Yes with permission of the select board as long as all other criteria are met for a permanent home.
-Answered on 06/05/2023 05:46 PM
"Can I have a trailer on the property until I build a home? "
- Asked by #46200816 06/03/2023 12:53 PM

"Can I have a trailer on the property until I build a home? "
- Asked by #46200816 06/03/2023 12:53 PM

"Can I have a trailer on the property until I build a home? "
- Asked by #46200816 06/03/2023 12:53 PM

"can user 816 have a trailer on it"
- Asked by #37461283 06/04/2023 07:14 PM
If by trailer one means mobile home; yes, as long as all other criteria needed to build a home are possible and met.
-Answered on 06/05/2023 05:43 PM
"Can user 1283 build a comedy club on the site?"
- Asked by #30264547 06/06/2023 12:17 PM
As far as the use goes it’s in the business district and although comedy club isn’t specifically called out there are analogs. Ultimately you’d need a civil engineer to determine if the lot is suitable for the desired structure and the required parking etcetera.
-Answered on 06/06/2023 03:52 PM
"What Company or business type is currently occupying the inside of the south end of the for sale parcel area directly off of Rt. 12?"
- Asked by #563434 06/08/2023 02:22 PM
This information is available on the Town of Swanzey’s website under the Government/Assessing/Property Records Tab(s).
-Answered on 06/09/2023 01:47 PM
"Bidding from a d,is the property wet lands swamp? Looking up on street view looks like water/drains into property,also looks to have access cut on both roads into ground,does this require a driveway permit or these access driveway legal use? Taxes,timber and mineral rights conveys?"
- Asked by #28682313 06/10/2023 08:40 PM
I’m sorry I don’t know what a d is? There are wetlands on the property, however the town has no soil, site or topographical survey. It would indeed require a driveway permit form the Monadnock Hwy. / Rt. 12 side it would be from the State of New Hampshire and from the Marcy Hill side it would be from the town’s DPW Director. To the best of my knowledge all timber, mineral and water rights will transfer with the property.
-Answered on 06/12/2023 01:22 PM
"Is there a conservation officer to discuss the wetlands on the property?"
- Asked by #12677310 06/12/2023 02:51 PM
No there is not.
-Answered on 06/12/2023 03:25 PM
"I am a abutter to the 16 ac lot,for those that haven't seen bottom piece has around 1 ac flat surrounded by wet land,and would need to cross wet area to have legal road frontage for rear section "
- Asked by #57524897 06/18/2023 11:36 AM

Item location This location is a general area based on the sellers zip code. It is not the specific address where the item is located.